Making Welding the preferred specialization for students
About the institution
- Government Technical Training Institute located in Prime Industrial Area in a metro.
- Offers Welding course in two batches with 120 student intake annually in two batches.
- Welding labs equipped with welding booths and safety gears.
The Challenge — High student drop out
- Insufficient practical training due to cost & Budget constraints for providing training on real weld machines maintenance and consumables. Estimated cost of consumables for providing for 100 hours practical training runs in lakhs.
- Poor employability due to inadequate skill training to meet industry requirements.
- About 60% of the Students drop out before completing the training.
- Providing sufficient skill training without consumable & maintenance cost is the challenge.
The solution — Skillveri Aura Plus Welding Simulators
- Installed TWO Aura Plus Simulators, with support of Industry and Department.
- Train the instructors, set up the process for student practice in line with course curriculum.
- Collect data and give feedback to students and instructors on regular basis.
- Student drop rate has come down drastically with over 90% completing the course.
- Each student is on track to get 100+ hours of practice which was not possible earlier and is sustainable.
- Estimated cost savings in consumables and practice plates is over 6 lakhs per semester
- Instructors and students get feedback report on each student on the skill level, progress and improvement area.Weaker students are given advice for more practice
- Students are more confident of completing the course and getting better employment.
- Institute Management is happy on the reduction in student drop out and better placement opportunities.
- Recognition as one of the best institution in national level.
Skillveri AURA – Welding Simulator
Training for skill improvement without any constraints on consumables cost!!
- Number of plates practiced, Weld Position wise
- Cost Savings from Welding consumables and practice plates Rs 6.47 lakhs savings in 3 months, Annualized savings can be Rs 20+ lakhs (considering 2 month vocation)
- Average number of practice plates per student
- Students below average should be asked to practice more